JOB DESCRIPTION- RESIDENT MANAGER
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Manitoba
COMPENSATION: Compensation commensurate with experience and will include base salary, benefits package
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Private Pension Partners Realty Services Inc. (“P3 Realty”) is currently seeking a Resident Manager to join our team. As the Resident Manager, you will be responsible for managing daily operations/management of the assigned property which will include managing lease activities and maintaining strong tenant and landlord relations. The successful candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience as a Resident Manager (residential) or relatable position. The Resident Manager will report directly to the Property Manager.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, co-workers, vendors, real estate community and tenants;
- Conduct inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property such as common areas, building exteriors and landscape;
- Complete inspection of all suites becoming vacant to determine work needed to upgrade suite for incoming tenants or where work is requested in order to maintain tenancy at renewal; negotiate with the tenant to secure renewal when necessary;
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times;
- Correspond with tenants regarding rent collection, overdue accounts, building violations, common area costs and property taxes;
- Facilitate conflict resolution with tenants;
- Ensure rent is fully collected each month;
- Continually strive for exceptional maintenance and management in accordance with approved budgets and property management agreements.
- Able to effectively multi-task and be able to prioritize time-sensitive tasks and matters, deal intuitively with any situation and work under minimal supervision;
- Experience with interacting with people in a confident manner with excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written, and the ability to form positive relationships with others. Furthermore, the qualified candidate is comfortable corresponding in writing to various levels of management within P3 to ensure appropriate staff are up-to-date with building operations;
- Strong organization, planning and diplomacy skills to prioritize tasks, interact with trades, handle conflict and exercise sound judgement;
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and RTB Policies and Procedures Guidebook will be considered an asset;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a resident manager (residential or commercial).
ABOUT PRIVATE PENSION PARTNERS REALTY SERVICES INC.
P3 Realty is a Winnipeg-based, and highly localized, commercial and multi-family real estate services company created and to be built on the credibility, experience, and capabilities of P3's founding partners and emerging group of professional employees. For an overview of our projects and properties, please visit www.privatepensionpartners.com
Applications, including a resume and cover letter, may be submitted in confidence to Louise Pitre, P3’s Executive Assistant, by email: [email protected] We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.